Monday, June 13, 2011

My Power Animal Is…


I used to feel that I could not possibly have a single, particular Power Animal, or personal totem in the animal kingdom. I've always loved animals, and indeed have special connections with quite a few such as Turtle, Praying Mantis, Road Runner, Seahorse, Frog and of obviously the kitties I live with! I mean it's like talking about sacred places when the whole world is sacred, right?
      Then something happened that helped me stop thinking quite so much, and it came to me in a flash.
      By this time, I'd been practicing Ho'oponopono for a while since I read the amazing book ZERO LIMITS by my friend Joe Vitale and his mentor Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len. It's a totally necessary book for the New Millennium that inspired me to do the Self-I-dentity throught Ho'oponopono training with Dr. Len in person late in 2007. One thing I love about Dr. Len is he doesn't want followers--he just wants you do "get it" and do the cleaning all the time. Plus he insists that everythign is sacred and everyone is perfect just as they are. This is a form of surrender to what IS.
      Ho'oponopono is about constantly cleaning your own inner energy, instead of trying to fix or change people or situations outside of yourself.
      This is not at all a passive thing, rather it's actually "getting it" about the way life works best, usually for the first time ever! What makes it really work is when you accept 100% responsibility for everything that shows up in your awareness--not because you are to blame or should take credit--simply because you co-created it by participating in your life. The basic cleaning practice is to do silently say to yourself, repeatedly, "I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you… " Not as  emotional statements, simply repeat those as cleaning tools because they're the most powerful things you can say. Especially "I love you." Eventually this cleans your unconscious mid enough to erase your problem when you reach Zero.
      A few years later I was reading some totally different book about the Medicine Wheel or something and it suggested finding out my Power Animal. My mind raised all those objections I started this blog with, but then instead of thinking, I just cleaned on it. "Why am I resisting this idea?" Bingo, almost immediately came the clarity of what Dr. Len calls a Divine Inspiration and I knew.
      It's not some cool Native American type creature such as Eagle, Wolf, or Bear. Nope, this puppy named Bruce grew up in Thailand and every morning a line of these wise and gentle behemoths walked along the road in front of our house at daybreak.
      Now, about 50 years later Tomas took the picture up top for me, of a lintel over the door of an old building in Fredericksburg. Isn't life an amazing adventure when you pay attention?
      Whatever you may think about that, just clean on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment